Sunday, May 04, 2014

Hotel Hollanda 139 Rue de Hollanda, tangier



Decent place, first one I came across and stayed the all my stay in Tangier They have cheaper rooms
for 100MAD up the spiral stairs to the top floor. They don't offer these room unless they're completely full but they there if you ask. Small, basic rooms with a sink. Separated toilets and shower. Hot shower downstairs
Rooms downstairs are more expencive, prettier and with TV.
Wifi works downstairs and occaisionaly at the roof terrace also. I did not found a reasonable
priced place to laundry in Tangier but this roof seems perfect to it. Put on some music, soak some fabrics, keep you pipe smoking and your laundry will be done with minimal effort.
Long soaking time and hot pipe  are the keys to relaxing sunshine laundry session.

There's also a secure carpark if you have one

Medina is just there 1 min away.
I checked some cheaper ones inside medina but did not like what I saw. Dark,damp rooms,
no  windows or hot shower. For sure there's other better ones but the ones I checked were a bit
nasty.  And just for curiosity I checked couple of these backpacker places recommended in

travel books and online forums and other sites but could not find anything for me. In lot of
these places you pay about the same or more for a dormitory bed with dozen monkeys in the
same room that you would pay in a private real hotel with your own room. If this turns you on head to the medina and you'll find a dorm to your likings